Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Take On: Organizing Makeup

To be completely frank, I've never been a huge makeup junkie in my 21 years of existence. It has nothing to do with my environment... cause I grew up in a school where girls had eyeliner on since middle school. I've always been quite conservative and never really thought much about makeup. It was after college that I began to expose myself to the makeup world, and I guess now I can say that I've officially joined the "makeup band wagon" LOL! =)

I'm not overly obsessed with makeup, so I don't always find myself seeking for the latest designer or drug store products to try. I only have one face after all, so it's understandable that I only have a conservative amount of makeup right? hehe

Anyway, getting to the point, I recently found myself a little frustrated with how messy my makeup is. I share a bathroom and it just isn't right for me to hog all of it and clutter other people's space with makeup just because of my lack of organization. I came to the conclusion that I needed some type of organizer and wallah!!... I found the perfect one from T.J. Maxx! Score!



I know I know.. it looks kinda small, but that's all the space I really need to hold my makeup "essentials". On another note though... isn't it cute? (haha not sure if that's the right word to describe it!)

I love the way the organizer looks, and I love how it is designed! I'm sure you guys can tell, but I'll say it anyways... this is a 3 layer organizer that has opened slots aligned in the back for I guess brushes and any products that in this case.. "I" want standing! =)  


Because we don't know what these things have gone through, and should never assume that they are clean, I decided to wipe down the makeup organizer! 

Alright, now we're done with the boring part... this is what I had to work with! 


Out of my makeup and makeup applicators, I had to sort out the ones that I wear more often apart from the ones that I wear like... never. And after about 15-20 minutes this is the transformation that I am super duper proud of!....


This is how I organized my makeup and I'm seriously so proud of it! It's been a few weeks since I've organized my makeup and surprisingly I've kept the organizer looking exactly the same! 


In the back top left slots, I decided to put products that I prefer standing and can easily be obtained: Eyeliners, Mascara, Wet Q-tips, Eyeshadow Primer & BB Cream! 


As for the back top right portion, I aligned the slots with my most often used brushes: Powder Brush, Blush Brush, Foundation/BB Cream Brush, Blending Eyeshadow Brushes & the more Precise Eyeshadow Brushes! 




As for the three layers, I organized my makeup from most to least used. The top layer includes my Powders, Blushes, Highlighter, Mascara, Eyelash Curler & Lip Balm.  


The middle layer includes my Bronzer, Eyeshadows (I rarely ever wear eyeshadow), BB Cream (One that I least prefer) & Lipsticks (I usually carry lipsticks in my bag, so what you see are ones that I favor least atm.)


And lastly, the bottom layer holds my least used products: Fake Eyelashes, Extra Powder Pad, Eyeliner Sharpener, Eyeshadows, Mascaras, Make-up Setting Spray & Lip Gloss! 

So yah! I guess that pretty much concludes to all the essentials I have in my makeup organizer! I had such a fun time working on this project! Not only did it help me with the obvious...keeping organized, it also opened my eyes to how much makeup I didn't used. I ended up storing the rest of my makeup away, and threw ones that I've had for way.... too long in the trash! 

I haven't read through this blog post yet, but I have a feeling that it's a pretty long one! I hope this post was enjoyable and somewhat helpful? If you guys have any tips on how to organize makeup, feel free to leave a comment below! 

Alright, I'm gonna get ready for bed now. See yah later alligator!~ =)

xxxx,
Wing

find me on: Facebook | LookBook | Youtube | Pintrest 










4 comments: